Monday, April 02, 2007

I should be working but...

Man, I really should be working but blogging seems like so much more fun. Actually just about everything seems like more fun.  I would rather be:

Reading, writing something other than papers, taking pictures, drawing, painting, doing laundry, playing guitar, longboarding, .....

To make it worse I just got three netflix movies that are tempting me from the bookshelf.  Citizen Kane, Throne of Blood (Kurosawa's setting of Macbeth in feudal Japan, and The Battle of Algiers.  Anyone interested in seeing these movies let me know, because every movie is more enjoyable in good company!   I must resist the urge to watch them, I must!

Despite the young hooligans roaming the halls and liberally dousing themselves in Axe body spray, I managed to have a great weekend. I introduced Battlestar Galactica (the new one of course!) to a friend of mine.  Yeah, I think hes hooked.  After that I went to the Slates where we shared good conversation, laughter, and of course, coffee.  The best way to start the weekend is with good friends in my humble opinion. 

Saturday was a blur.  Literally just one big blob of guitar and attempted homework until I played a short set with Matt Rey.  We sang Nothing but the blood, I saw the light, and I had my vocal debut on The House Carpenter.  It was incredibly fun, Matt picked his Banjo and I strummed the guitar, it was invigorating to say the least. 

To cap off my weekend I attended the Poetry Meeting put on in clusters by Gina.  We all read something either our own verse, lyrics, music, our favorites by other authors contemporary and classic.  I shared some of my poetry (just one) and also read some Keats, Frost, and Gibran. It was a lovely three hours.  From there I wandered over to catch Joel  and Rachelle  watching the end of Monty Python's Search for the holy grail.  Some others wandered over for fellowship and we shared in a community for a while.  I left with a heart full of warmth and love.

The weekend was dripping with sepia

No comments: