Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Books and Movies

It looks like I might have a nice quiet house this summer. I plan on using my time to catch up on some reading, do some long intended recording, and learn some classical pieces on Guitar.
Heres a list of books I intend to read over the summer (an idealistic endeavor):

The Brothers Karamazov-Dostoevsky
The Idiot-Dostoevsky
A book of short stories by Kafka I've been wanting to finish
Flannery O' Conner's Short Stories, another compilation to finish.
John Keats, Complete Works
A collection of Emily Dickinson's Poetry (TBD)
Sex God-Rob Bell
Adventures in missing the point-Mclaren
Orthodoxy-Chesterton
Anthropology of music-Merriam

Now to copy Stu Cone's fantastic Idea...Any suggestions?

Movies I intend to watch (off the top of my head, there are more):

Children of Men
Eternal Sunshine of the spotless Mind
Little Miss Sunshine
Pan's Labyrinth
The Host


suggestions?

No comments: