Monday, December 05, 2005

A Walk In The Rain

The raindrops fall in time with the notes dripping into my ears. Squeezing out of the pores of pieces of white plastic, some of it drips down on my shirt, staining it blue. My head is covered with the hood of my sweater, its bright orange enveloping my sight limiting my view of the world yet protecting my head from the rain. My leather sandals are black with the rain that has soaked through, cool against my feet. I rolled my pants up so they would not get soaked. The water splashs up as I walk, tickling the rolled hem. I feel like Im in some kind of delierium, Alone in a world. I turn without knowing why onto the brown sidewalk that has water running off it. I walk slowly. It doesn't rain too hard. I don't look up but occasionaly if someone passes me by. the music continues to keep me dry as I walk deliriously through and around the rain.

2 comments:

j.brush said...

Dude...

Anonymous said...

Dude..about says it