Sunday, December 04, 2005

more frustrations

I became acutely aware of the space between my heart and my lungs. The feelings of awkwardness filled the cavity causing my breath to catch quietly in my throat. My chest above my heart tightened. Cowardice the predominant motivator I turned away from the reminders, shifting to an uncomfortable position in my seat. Somewhere inside I had been returned to a place in my past. The smell of the trees in the distance and gravel seemed to spill out of the air conditioning. The gravel crunched beneath my feet as I pushed my large glasses higher on my face. Badly, I tried to relate to my peers. I walked the track alone. I didn't understand why I couldn't talk right. its alright though. I was only in the third grade. When I was older I wouldn't have this problem. The morning sun bounced of the surrounding trees and landed heavily on us as we walked the large dusty track. The light dipelled the mist that hung left over. The nights healing work complete, it lingered covering anything that the dew might of missed. Savoring it I closed my eyes. The pain hurt to much. I only closed them for a moment. Squeezing them shut in a moment of agony the smells of innocence stinging my nostrils with the dust of red clay mixed with gravel that slowly slipped away and out the open drivers side door. It floated towards the ground mixing with the wet dew of the night air, settling on the pavement, to be washed away. As we drove away the red clay and gravel dust stained my shoes.

1 comment:

j.brush said...

I know what you are talking about, Danny. Some of those images you described...I am pretty sure I was right there with you. It is frustrating I am sure. I can only imagine what it must feel like. My brain is racked right now, though. It doesn't help when I am burned out too. I guess the best advice I can give you (if you want to hear it) is to keep writing. Get out your frustrations. Vent. It is refreshing to read about the same feelings experienced in real time by the reader.